Golden Visa Portugal
New legal provisions provide the possibility for those who pursue investment activities in Portugal to apply for a Residence Permit, for example, those who transfer capital, create jobs or acquire real estate. The holders of a Golden Residence Permit (Golden Visa) for the purposes of investment activity have the right to family regrouping, and may gain access to a permanent residence permit, as well as to Portuguese citizenship in accordance with the current legal provisions.
Who may apply for the Golden Visa
Third State citizens involved in an investment activity, either individually or through a company conducting, at least, one of the following operations in national territory for a minimum period of five years:
I) Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million Euros;
II) Creation of, at least, 10 job positions;
III) Acquisition of real estate with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros.
It covers shareholders of companies already set up in Portugal, or in another EU State, with a stable residence in Portugal and with tax obligations fulfilled.
Acquisition of real estate with a value equal to or above 500 thousand Euros
Provide evidence of having the ownership of real estate property.
• Public deed or promissory share-purchase agreement of the property , with a declaration of an authorized financial institution to exercise its activity in Portugal stating the effective transfer of capital to its acquisition or to execute as a down payment of the promise to purchase in equal or superior value of
500 thousand Euros, and
• An up-to-date certificate issued by the Real Estate Registry, which must always be, in the case of contract-promise and where legally feasible, the respective register.
Other requirements under General Law:
• Applicants must not have been convicted of a crime punishable with deprivation of liberty exceeding one year
• Applicants must not be subject of an entry ban in national territory following a removal order from the country
• Applicants must not be subject of alerts in the Schengen Information System
• Applicants must not be subject of alerts in SEF’s Information Integrated System issued for purposes of non-admission
The holders of Golden Residence Permit for Investment Activity may apply for family reunification under the provisions of the General Law.
All citizens from non EU countries (Russia, China, Angola, Mozambique, India, Brazil…)